Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Arduino Retro Computer: Case

The computer was long overdue for protection from... the cat.


I used Google's SketchUp to design a simple case.



And then I used Repetier with my Printrbot to print it.




The printed case (with holes drilled for mounting the components)...



With the parts mounted...


I soldered everything that was on the breadboard onto a more permanent protoboard. I know the wires are long; I'm not too motivated to trim them just in case things get rearranged or replaced.

The joystick and keyboard ports are in the front, and the power, sound, and VGA connections are in the back.



And everything plugged in!


I'll call version 1.0 of the hardware done! Now I just need to finish the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment